Thursday, June 12, 2008

Where does the time go?!

Okay, okay, I hear you Orhan... I'm not disappearing again, really!

Man, have I had a stressful week with a disasterous trip to the kid's dentist (yes, Dr. Ass Hat from my other blog) and working to wrap up the school year (reports are due into the Assistant Superintendent's office next week... UGH). There are many of you who have waaaaay more to deal with than I do, but still it's enough to make my shoulders tense up.

As for posting, I've been writing drafts, but they instantly lose steam the second that I save them for finishing later. Then there's the fact that most things that happen to me would be of little or no interest to anybody. Sometimes I do actually find something to write about, but by the time that I can get around to tapping it out on the keyboard I'm tired enough that I don't think that my two exhausted brain cells would spark if I rubbed them together with all my might.

That's kind of where I am now. I've been finding some new things that have been making me pretty excited for once, but it would require posting *gasp* videos, which seem to be regarded as the lazy way out. Well, sometimes it's the only way to pass on something new that I've found or old that means something to me. But that did get me thinking...

...what's so wrong with posting videos anyway?

("Egads, what would she consider next, posting recipes?!")

On that note, here's a happy video of a song that I've loved since I was a kid... yes, I grew up in the '70's and I'm starting to like that fact, much to my surprise. Until I get to writing some quasi-deep reflection on life as it is, here is a gem from the 70's... diggin' the hair. Hee hee!



(that's "Mr. Blue Sky" by ELO, just in case you wanted to know.)

4 comments:

savinoboy said...

Good choice of video! (was that a virgin video post?) Good choice none the less. Made my day. Gotta love the hair.

Bernie said...

Wow, I forgot about that song. I was a DJ in Milwaukee in the 70s and played a lot of ELO music. And my hair was like the lead singer's hair. If I find a picture, and drink enough, I'll post it on my blog. ;-)

Me said...

Sometimes I do actually find something to write about, but by the time that I can get around to tapping it out on the keyboard I'm tired enough that I don't think that my two exhausted brain cells would spark if I rubbed them together with all my might.

Sums it up perfectly.

And my, is that an impressive bit of head hair or what. Very dancy song too.

Post at the pace you desire little miss Cupcakes :)

velvet said...

s.b.-
Thanks, Chris! I've loved that song since I was young and the video is a real hoot. That hair. Those clothes. Ah, nostalgia. (oh, and forgive my ignorance here... I looked it up and am still not sure what you meant: virgin video?)

bernie-
I think that ELO really deserves a new audience and one of my 20 something friends really digs this song, so it may be just right for them to be rediscovered by a new audience. They really had a one-of-a-kind sound. So, you had hair like that? Now that's a photo I would love to see! And no, I won't be laughing at you because there are plenty of photos of me around in some pretty, um, interesting 70's fashions and hairstyles. ;-)


orhan-
Yup, some weeks are like that. sigh. As for that hair, it's big enough to have it's own moon. I love that song. :-)

I'd really like to post more frequently than I've been doing, but lately have been rather short on sleep and inspiration. I'd like to have enough inspiration to post a few times a week. We'll see what happens.